Are you always on the hunt for a good body lotion? Do you ever read the ingredients and never understand them? Believe me, I’ve been there! Unfortunately, for me it’s a constant struggle because I can only use products that are gluten free (since I have Celiac). That’s why I love making my own body lotion; I’m in charge of what ingredients I use!
Have you ever considered making your own body lotion? Our DIY Body Lotion is loaded with organic ingredients that will leave your skin silky smooth and fully moisturized. A dream come true for you and your skin! We were really inspired by this great Body Butter recipe that we wanted to add our own summer “dreamy” twist on it! We hope you like it!
DIY: Body Lotion
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1 1/2 Tbsp Shea Butter
1 Tbsp Frozen Cranberries (organic)
1 Tbsp Frozen Mangoes (organic)
1. In a mixing bowl, add both the Shea Butter & Coconut Oil together. Mix them together until they are both liquid. (Make sure they are both at room temperature for best results)
2. Allow the berries & mangoes to thaw for 5 min. Then, add the berries into a blender & blend into little pieces.
3. Pour the fruit mixture into the oil & Shea butter. Mix them together.
4. Using a strainer and a spoon, press the mixture into another bowl. (The fruit juices are what you want!)
5. Pour the lotion “liquid” into a tin container and put it in the freezer for 30 min.
6. Apply the lotion onto your body and enjoy! Remember to share!
**Be sure to keep the lotion in the fridge or freezer, otherwise it will melt.
I tend to get a little skeptical when making my own products. But, after using this lotion I was instantly pleased. Not only was the lotion itself silky but it also smelled really nice and refreshing. After using it in the morning, my skin was still hydrated by lunch! Now THAT’S impressive! Make sure to keep it in the freezer so it can stay solid; otherwise it will melt.
We create beauty products to make it easy for girls to choose the dreamiest, safest products on the market.
The DreaminGreenGirl Team