Hey Babies! Hey Mamas!
Did you know that coconut oil is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and awesome!? Over the last few years, research has confirmed that coconut oil is one of the healthiest and handiest products we can keep in our homes.
For us mamas, coconut oil can easily become our new best friend. Get ready to stop letting that jar of coconut oil sit unused in the pantry.
DiGG presents to you, the ultimate staple in your Mama-thecary! 😉
*Note* We recommend organic, cold-pressed, extra-virgin coconut oil. It’s the healthiest.
33 Coconut Oil Uses For Babies and Mamas
1. Increase milk supply and add nutrients – Nursing? Increase your milk supply and give your babies a boost of nutrients by adding coconut oil into your diet. A few tablespoons daily may increase your milk supply and add benefits for up to 1-3 days.
2. Baby’s sick nose – Use as a natural anti-viral and anti-bacterial moisturizer around baby’s nose when sick.
3. Massage – Both Mamas and babies love massages! Warm coconut oil between your hands and it will turn into a oil that’s perfect for a little r&r.
4. Diaper rash cream – Apply regularly (especially after a bath) for extra moisture and as a natural antibacterial barrier. Coconut oil also is a proven natural treatment for diaper rash and helps save that trip to the doctor’s by cutting healing time in half!
5. Baby tooth paste – Try using a small amount on baby’s gums for a natural toothpaste.
6. Hair conditioner – Both Mamas and babies can enjoy the super moisturizing benefits of coconut oil. Just wet your hair and distribute through the hair. Great as an overnight treatment. DIY Spa – Baby edition, anyone?
7. Cradle cap – For newborns with cradle cap, rub a small amount of coconut oil on the scalp and let it sit for a bit. Then use a soft brush and gently brush flakes away.
8. Eczema – Coconut oil is perfect for treating skin conditions like eczema because of it’s deep moisturizing abilities.
9. Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease – Virgin coconut oil’s anti-viral properties can help HFM disease by applying to sore areas of the mouth and lips.
10. Mamas – Gently remove your makeup by rubbing coconut oil between your hands so it becomes a liquid and rub away waterproof mascaras, foundations, and makeup!
11. Dry chapped lips – Use a Q-tip to apply around your lips for a plumper, moisturized pout.
12. Wrinkles – Coconut oil is effective for treating wrinkles and contains powerful antioxidants.
13. Cooking – Cook using coconut oil instead of olive or vegetable oil for a healthier meal. Other oils can become toxic and create free radicals when heated at high temperatures.
14. Baby’s constipation – Lubricate a Q-tip (be careful – only insert slightly!) or rectal thermometer with coconut oil and insert into baby’s bum for constipation relief.
15. Stretch marks – Rub coconut oil on your pregnant or postpartum belly for relief from itching and as a precaution or treatment for stretch marks.
16. Teething – Add coconut oil to soothers and teething toys for extra relief.
17. Thrush – Mamas can put coconut oil onto the nipple to treat baby’s thrush while nursing.
18. Baby bed head and de-frizzer – Does your baby have a lot of hair? Treat staticky hair and bed head by putting a small amount of coconut oil on a soft brush or comb. Brush gently and hair will go back in place.
19. Candida and yeast – Pregnancy, among so many other things, can cause yeast build up in our bodies. Coconut oil has properties that help destroy the bad bacteria in our bodies.
20. Bug bites – Rub coconut oil on bug bites for faster healing and relief.
21. Keratosis Pilaris – aka “chicken skin”, apply a small amount to areas daily for a natural treatment.
22. Flu – Speed up your flu recovery with coconut oil! The lauric acid found in coconut oil can penetrate the protective shell around viruses. Using coconut oil regularly may help prevent virus infection as well.
23. Lice – Treat lice with coconut oil and apple cider vinegar using this treatment.
24. Baby acne – Rub on red areas for a natural treatment.
25. Homemade face wash and soap – Mix equal parts castor oil and coconut oil for a toxin-free face or baby wash!
26. Shaving cream – Try using coconut oil instead of shaving cream. Be careful not to slip because coconut oil is slippery!
27. Under eye treatment – Rub under your eyes nightly for extra moisturizing benefits.
28. Toxin-Free Vapor Rub – Use 2 tsp of essential oils such as peppermint and eucalyptus to several tablespoons of coconut oil for a safe Vick’s alternative.
29. Gestational diabetes – Coconut oil may help expecting Mamas avoid or control gestational diabetes because it balances blood sugar levels. Add some coconut oil into your diet and satisfy your sweet tooth with this vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe.
30. DIY spa treatments – Take a Mama’s Time Out with our coconut oil infused DIY Vanilla-mazing Body Scrub.
31. Nausea – Rubbing coconut oil on the inside of the wrist and forearm to calm an upset stomach.
32. Cellulite – Treat areas with cellulite by rubbing coconut oil on areas as needed. First, use a dry brush and brush away dead skin. Dry brushing also helps increase circulation and rid of toxins. Then, apply a mix containing a few drops of your favorite essential oil and a few tablespoons of coconut oil. Rub on areas as needed and curl up with a good book or watch a movie while it soaks in. After 30 minutes, take a nice hot shower and voila!
33. Bedroom tango – For Mama and Papa time, try coconut oil for extra…fun. 😉
Our team has tried these coconut oils and we totally approve.
1. CocoMe Bodystick – Apply without the mess! Trainer Becca’s new gym bag must-have. Perfect for on-the-go.
2. Nature’s Way Coconut Oil – Great for multiple uses – cooking, baking, moisturizing, diapering, and more!
3. Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (8-Pound), 1-Gallon Tub – HUGE tub for cooking. Saves money and you can distribute into glass jars for multi use storage.